Customers may electronically submit data or information to its Services for hosting and processing purposes (“Customer Data”). Maru/Syngro will not review, share, distribute, or reference any such Customer Data except as provided in the Software Subscription Agreement, or as may be required by law. In accordance with the Software Subscription Agreement, Maru/Syngro may access Customer Data only for the purpose of providing the Services or preventing or addressing service or technical problems or as may be required by law.
Maru/Syngro may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from July 2016.
Sites and products covered by this Policy
Links to Other Sites
Our websites may contain links to other websites of interest, which are not owned and operated by Maru/Syngro. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question. Maru/Syngro is not responsible for the security or privacy practices of these sites, nor the content, products and services offered by these sites. Maru/Syngro does not endorse any of the content, products or services marketed at other sites.
What we collect
We do not automatically collect personally identifiable information (PII) about our general public web site visitors. We may record the Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using, the browser software used, the operating systems used, and the websites from which our visitors link directly to our site. We do collect personal information about registered and subscribing users of our websites, products and services.
You can examine our entire public web site without providing any information whatsoever. Our web site’s request-for-more-information form requires users to give us contact information. This information is used to provide information to those who enquire about our products and services, to ship orders, to bill orders, and to handle related business matters. This information is also used to get in touch with customers when necessary. From time to time, the information gathered through this site will be used to notify you about products and services that we think will be of interest to you. We may collect the following information about visitors to our websites, who opt to register for an account or for access to information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We use links within emails sent to specific contacts, already on our email contact listing to track if those users access or open those links. If a person who has been contacted via our email contact list visits wishes to unsubscibe or opt out of receiving such emails then we will observe that request but in doing so we must keep a record of the details of those contacts we must no longer contact, until such time that the contact choses to explicitly opt in to receiving emails in the future.
Where a customer organisation purchases a software subscription license to use our software products then the terms of the software agreement apply. Where the customer creates and assigns user accounts to its employees the details of the users are captured in the product database. As users of the product we gather personal information such as that above but we also information about.
- Full business contact details including position and role
- Product usage
- User login activity
Web sites visitors must not use our public websites to submit confidential or sensitive personal information to Maru/Syngro. To arrange for the delivery of sensitive personal or confidential business information, contact Maru/Syngro directly
Where do we store the information we gather?
Maru/Syngro stores information in its website and software product databases, which by default are loacted within the Eurpean Union. If a Software Subscription is purchased for Maru/Syngro’s products and services then the agreement will specify the location if different.
Maru/Syngro stores PII data concerning its business contacts in databases in its premises in the UK. From time to time Maru/Syngro uses third party cloud services to manage its business, including the collection of personal information and in which it stores PII data of its business contacts. These include:
- Salesforce CRM – with the data located in North America (See Salesforce Privacy Statement)
- As part of the Salesforce marketing automation tools, Act-On is used to capture personal information which is used for marketing commuications and tracking (See Act-On Privacy Statement)
- Atlassian Service desk – (See Atlassian Privacy Statement)
What we do with the information we gather?
When we collect or you disclose information to Maru/Syngro that is where it stays. The only exceptions involve:
- Disclosure to government or law enforcement agencies where required to by law.
- Disclosure to strategic partners who may require the information to directly market or deliver Maru/Syngro products and and services.
We use information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, including the following:
- We may use the information to determine how many visitors we have to different pages on our web sites, to detect and correct systems problems, and to improve the usability of our web site.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We use the information to offer more personalised communications, including information and research knowledge resources which you may be interested in.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for our own market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail unless you have advised us otherwise.
- We may use the information to customise the websites and applications according to your interests.
- For subscribing users of our sotware products and services we also use the information to support:
- The provision of customer support services, including the tracking and reporting of conversational exchange of information and data relating to a support case or general cummunity forum discussion.
- Auditing application usage – to analyse which users are accessing which elements of the software, including frequency, location, system performance etc. in order to provide a continuous secure service which meets agreed service levels.
- Auditing the number and type of users for licencing purposes, which may include user ID’s and application use logs
- Auditing for security eg login attempts (including failed attempts), IP address location of users, login configuration settings
- Direct ommunication with subscribing users (which may include providing accounts and access to other support related services)
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. The cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We also use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used by public visitors. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. These cookies help us provide you with a better website experience, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our websites and may also prevent our software products and services functioning correctly.
Controlling your personal information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on our website to access our material or services, you will be added to our email list which you may subsequently opt out of at any time using the link in the footer of all our emails;
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may also change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, or wish the information we hold to be deleted please email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. If you are an employee of an client organisation with an active Software Subscription to one of our products or services you must contact the system administrator who will be able to delete your records from the product database. If we hold your business details concerning support related activities for an ongoing Software Subscription agreement then we will be able to delete that data on termination of the agreement.
Email List Privacy
We use email lists and contact information that we have assembled from people who have indicated they want additional information about our services. Additionally, we use email lists that are comprised of people who have requested additional information about services similar to those Maru/Syngro provides.
Maru/Syngro periodically purchases email addresses and other contact information from third parties for the purposes of targetting the marketing and selling our products and services to businesses and enterprises.
Maru/Syngro personnel frequently give presentations at conferences and seminars; write books, articles and newsletters; and participate in similar types of group and individual communications. We often receive business cards as well as requests for additional information or help with risk related issues. When we receive requests for information via our website or in person, or from information volunteered by our web site visitors, or from conferences from people indicating they want more information about our type of services, we will place these individuals on our contact list and use that information to contact those individuals.
With the above exception, Maru/Syngro does not sell, rent or share our email lists with any other third parties. We store contact information on our web servers and CRM systems, some of which are hosted by third party cloud service providers but we otherwise do not provide access to your personal data to third parties.
Your Opt-In and Opt-Out Decisions
When you register on our websites to access information or services, we consider this an indication signifying agreement of consent to receive other marketing information that may be of interest to you. If we then send information to you and you no longer wish to receive it then you will be given the option to opt out, by clicking a link in the relevant email.
- Sending electronic mail to firstname.lastname@example.org